Chosen Spotlight Players
Musical Theater Camp
The First Congregational Church of Canandaigua is sponsoring a Musical Theater Camp for children going into grades 1-8. Camp is directed by Taylor Day, Middle School Music & Drama Teacher.
- The camp days will run weekdays from 9-3 from July 11 to July 22, 2022.
- The campers will learn songs, choreography, scenes and how to put together a play.
- Performances of their show will be offered on Thursday evening July 21 and Friday afternoon July 22 as a culmination of our camp.
- Please register for camp by filling out the registration form, photo and video release, medical information and liability release, and attendance expectations/scheduling conflict agreement.
Preparation for Camp
Please review thoroughly prior to registering
- Please have your child listen to the songs that will be performed in this show. You will be invited to be a part of a Google Group where all of the lyrics to songs, recordings of music will be available for your child to practice.
- There will be chorus songs that ALL children will sing. The camp will be split into small groups and your child will sing in SOME of the small groups. There will also be some solos or duets. The chorus songs and small groups also contain solos. Children interested in singing solos should listen to the songs in advance so that they will be able to sing them on the first day for casting. Every child will have a part in the show and will participate in all chorus songs!
- PLEASE PLAY THE MUSIC FOR YOUR CHILDREN EVERY DAY so that they will be very familiar with it by the time they arrive at camp!
- The camp day starts at 9 am. Please have your child at the church and ready for camp by 9 am. There will be staff ready to welcome your child by 8:45. There is NO aftercare, please be on time for pick up or child will be given a stray puppy. (But seriously, the staff will have been working all day and will expect to be done at 3:00!)
- Please send your children to camp with:
- a water bottle,
- mid-morning snack
- a hearty lunch.
There is a refrigerator available
- The camp day will be filled with singing, choreography, improv games, practicing scenes and putting together a magnificent show!
Registration, Tuition & Required Forms
The first year of this camp is partially funded by the Barb Harradine Memorial Fund. We are happy to be able to offer this camp to you at the reduced cost of $300 tuition for two weeks of camp. If you are unable to afford the full tuition you may apply for scholarship assistance. Please call the church and talk with Rev. Dawn Garrett-Larsen. All participating families will be asked to make some investment in the camp.
- Complete the Registration Form
- Within one week of registration, please send:
- An Email Confirmation will be sent to you when registration, tuition and all forms have been received.
Please call or email with questions: 585-394-2184 or Office@canandaiguachurch.org
First Congregational Church, UCC
Chosen Spotlight Players Camp
58 N. Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
* If unable to pay by check, use the “Donate” button on the home page of the Church website to pay for your child’s registration fee. Please put “Camp” in the memo line to ensure that your payment is recorded correctly. If paying electronically, all signed medical, release and commitment forms must also be mailed.
Please note that all applicable COVID guidelines,
as determined at the time of the Camp, will be followed at all times.